Back to the future

Hola amigos! It's been a long month and finally we are about to complete the last day of these 31 days agile blog experience! Since today is the last day of the year I'll get a Victoria beer!

I was thinking of what is the best way to end the blog. What about inspecting and adapting the blog itself so I can take actions to improve if this experience is repeated in the future? Sounds like a retrospective!


Trying first of all to be constructive... 

The Prime Directive

"Regardless of what we discover,
we understand and truly believe that everyone did the best job they could,
given what they knew at the time, their skills and abilities,
the resources available, and the situation at hand."

Should I raise my hand to and say: "I agree". Quite obvious. So do I :-)

What went wrong?

  • Most of the entries were not deepened. In order to keep the easy-going style, not very long, I feel that some of the posts could have a longer content. 
  • Difficulties to bring topics within holidays time. You can feel that there is kind of connection in between the first 19 entries. However, since I was on working holidays the relationship of the entries were not as compact as expected.

What went well?

  • All the user stories were completed. The plan was to write an entry every day in December about anything that could be related to Agile. 
  • Different topics were covered from different perspectives. From how to implement a new culture into the team and thoughts about Agile itself to observations from movies, music, food, fast-food restaurants.
  • Motivation almost at 100%. Level of satisfaction reaching the top. This has been one of my greatest experiences.
  • Implicitly it made me a better Agile practitioner.  It made me think everyday about Scrum/Agile. Sometimes I investigated further on ideas to end up writing up an article that can make sense to anybody. I tried to spend enough time to research so that the information can be useful and cross-checked. It is important that we can allocate some time for reflection to make us better no matter what your area is. Take a step back and add our day-to-day experiences to your thoughts. Write it down, share it and continuously integrate more and more learning every day. 

Actions

  • I should prepare the next round of 31 days of agile with some ideas in mind to develop so I could ensure that I don't leave anything behind and I treat the topics correctly.
  • Since these 31 days blog experience is quite fresh now, It would be useful to see how this evolves in the next months. Rather than writing up again now, it would be good to get myself doing this after few months has passed.
This is the retrospective of the Agile blog. Quite positive experience. I hope you guys had fun with it as much as I had. 

May the 4th be with you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whiteboards (love them!)

You and I

Lean Twin Peaks